Tuesday 26 January 2016

The Perfect Winter Porridge!

Hello, Lovelies! I don't know about you but I definitely think it's getting colder this past week or so than it was over Christmas. So, I've been looking for ways to warm up on a morning and start my day right. And, what better way is there than a big, hot bowl of porridge? Now, I normally live in porridge anyway, I've been jazzing it up lately and branching out from my usual boring milk-and-oats combo, and this recipe is one I go to most morning for a quick, simple, and more importantly satisfying breakfast. 




What You Need: 
150ml oat milk (or any milk you would normally use.)
40g porridge oats
2tsp ground cinnamon
1/2tsp sugar
Handful blueberries

What You Do:
1. Add the milk, cinnamon and sugar to a pan and heat over a medium-high heat. 
2. Once that's hot, and add the oats
3. Cook until desired consistency (about 3-4 minutes for me). 
4. Add to the bowl, top with blueberries and enjoy! 

Yep, it's that simple! In the time it takes to make your morning cuppa, you can also have a healthy breakfast that'll keep you full (and, warm) till lunch. What more could you want? Of course, there's no hard-and-fast rules, experiment and find what works for you. 

Leave any recipes you've been loving lately below, and let me know if you try this!

Much love, Maxine xo
Follow Me On:

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried porridge - shock horror i know! But i'll try and give it a go, this one sounds yummy!

    writeaboutbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it! The best part is you can switch it up to make it just right for you. I can't function without my morning bowl of porridge. xo

      Delete

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx