Tuesday 7 April 2015

Monthly Favourites | March 2015

Hello lovelies! Today I've got my very first monthly favourites on this little blog. How exciting?! Even if it is a shade late! I haven't been loving a lot if I'm being honesty, it's mainly been a big makeup month this month. I've been in a bit of a makeup slump lately, so I've been loving the fact that I'm loving makeup again!


 L-R, Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Teal, Collection Extreme 24HR Eyeliner in Blue, Avon Ultra Colour Indulgence Lipstick in Spring Lilac, MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Criminal. 

Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation in Ivory, £8.99. This has been the one foundation I've been really excited to use this month, although I have been enjoying using others. I feel like this really is the foundation that will change the game for me. I've recently posted a first impressions post you can read here, if you want to know what I've loved about this product In a bit more detail.

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Criminal, £3. I feel like the hype around MUA died down very quickly once Makeup Revolution came on the scene, which is a shame because a lot of their products are absolutely amazing quality, and the same price point as Makeup Revolution. I snapped these up as soon as they were released, and this shade is the one I always reach for when I need to refresh my makeup. As you can see, it's a bright, almost neon Barbie Pink, which I absolutely adore. The formula is amazing, it 'sets' almost immediately, and stays put for hours. They've got a tendency to flake off when they get wet, but apart from that they're faultless in my opinion.

Avon Ultra Colour Indulgence Lipstick in Spring Lilac, £5 This is the most perfect spring/summer colour, for me at least. It looks very purpley in the tube, but as you can see it's actually a beautiful, purple-toned pink. The formula is lovely, it's so creamy and lasts quite a while on my lips. It also has SPF 15, which is always a plus! 

Collection Extreme 24HR Eyeliner in Blue, £2.99. As I'm sure you've noticed, I've been loving colour this month, and I've been loving this and the next product for a pop of colour that isn't too bold. This is a beautiful, almost-navy blue that really goes well with my sometimes green, sometimes blue eyes. I can honestly say that although I haven't worn this for 24 hours, I've worn it for a very long time in various situations and it hasn't once budged. I've even slept in it (I know, I know!!) and it's still been perfect the next morning. For £2.99, what more could you want?

Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Teal, £3. Firstly, I couldn't find this exact shade online, although I've linked to the ones they have got. It's worth noting that I've noticed quite a few products from Avon that haven't been online but have been in their brochures, so it might well be in one if you've got a representative near you. I've been loving this for a subtle hint of colour under my eyes, and I've been loving it. It blends out perfectly, with no unwanted smudging or moving around throughout the day. It does wear off towards the end of the day, but you do get a very fair wear out of it. Definitely worth checking out the other shades, in my opinion!

What products have you been loving this month? Have you tried any of these products before? Please feel free to leave links to your monthly favourite below!

Maxine, xo
Follow Me On:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx