Tuesday 16 February 2016

Everyday Daytime/Morning Skincare | DRY, SENSITIVE SKIN.

Hello, Lovelies! Following some recent purchases and actually spending time on my skincare routine, I've finally (fingers crossed) got my skin somewhere near decent. I still get the odd dry patch, but it's the best it's been in a long time! So, I thought I'd share my basic, everyday daytime skincare routine with you guys. These are the steps I do in the morning to get my skin feeling fresh and make-up ready. You can read my everyday nighttime skincare routine here.





Firstly, I'll cleanse my face using a cotton pad and my trusty Garnier Micellar Water. My skin always feels fresh and clean after using this, and I haven't had any reactions to it so that's always a good thing! I've never noticed that dry, tight feeling we all know either. I do then like to run a warm, damp washcloth over my face, just to make sure my face is extra clean.

Next, I use my Superdrug Hydrating serum (read my review here) which gives me a massive moisture boost and is surprisingly lightweight. I'll leave that to sink in, then I'll  massage a little bit of the L'Oreal Triple Active Day Cream on top. This is quite a thick cream, so I like to give this some time to sink in before I layer more things on top! It definitely gives another hit of hydration, and keeps my skin from drying out under all the makeup and cold air throughout the day. Once I've massaged this in, I'll normally eat breakfast or something, then by the time that's done I'm ready to layer on primers and foundations and everything else. 

Much like my nighttime skincare routine, I like to keep things as simple and minimal as I can do with my everyday routine, otherwise, my skin can get quite overwhelmed and just end up a massive, dry mess. I'll be posting my "extras" routine soon, with my exfoliators, face masks etc. 


Much love, Maxine xo
Follow Me On:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx