Saturday 6 February 2016

What's On My Phone | Health + Fitness Edition

Hello, Lovelies! Much like everyone else, I'm absolutely glued to my phone, but I also want to be as active and healthy as I can be. As I mentioned in my 2016 goals, I want to try and improve my fitness as much as I can this year, as well as continue to just improve my health in general. So, I've done the only logical thing and downloaded some apps to help me along the way! I've been using these apps for at least a few weeks, some longer so I really can vouch for them and their effectiveness (For me, at least!) 


Firstly, we've got Myfitnesspal. I mainly use this just to track my food intake and my calories burnt during exercise, I don't really update anything else on it. But, I think this is so useful for keeping track of how much you eat and how much you burn off. You just put in whatever food you're eating (I haven't had an issue finding brands at all) and how much you've had and it gives you all the info on it. The same works for exercise: put in what you've done and how long you've done it for and it'll tell you how many calories you've burnt. It also tells you how many calories you've got left to eat throughout the day, plus it tells you how much fat, different vitamins, fibre etc you've eaten and your goal for those too. This is probably my most used app and the one I'd recommend before any of the others on the list.  




The next app is my most used fitness app, Sworkit. This is great for quick workouts in the house. I'll be doing a fitness post soon on how I fit this in and little tips on my fitness journey so far, but this is absolutely invaluable. Especially in this weather, you don't always want to go out for a walk or trek back out to the gym after a hard day at work/uni etc, so this is a perfect fix. You can choose a length of between 5-60 minutes for your workout, so there's always time. It's got loads of different pre-picked workouts in loads of categories, and you can you can also make your own workout if you want something a little bit more personal. Another bonus is that it links straight to myfitnesspal, so you don't have to do anything to add those burnt calories to your diary! 



This next one is more a mental health than physical, but I think they both go hand in hand, so it's both kept in that folder and added in this post: Stop, Breathe & Think. This is a meditation app, which is something I've been really getting into to relax lately. I like to do this right before bed, and anytime through the day, I'm feeling really worked up, too. You do a little quiz on your mood and it gives you a list of different meditations to fit how you're feeling and relax you down. I honestly have noticed this works a dream for me. 



Last, but certainly not least, is Yoga Academy. I've noticed I'm nowhere near as flexible as I'd like to be, and have been wanting to start yoga for a few months so this is great. I do admit I use the yoga category in sworkit more than I use this, but the selection of classes on this is amazing. They range from 9-63 minutes, so again no matter how much time you've got you'll have time to fit a class in a few times a week. You do have to pay for more classes, but I think the range of beginner classes you get for free is amazing, and definitely enough to get your teeth into! 

Leave me links to apps you've been loving - health and fitness or otherwise - below, I'm always on the lookout for more, and I'll speak to you next time! 


Much love, Maxine xo
Follow Me On:

2 comments:

  1. I really love the look of these! Especially the meditation and yoga exercises and it's great that it links directly to myfitnesspal, will definitely have to give that one a go! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so worth it! Myfitnesspal and sworkit together are a dream team in my opinion! :) xo

      Delete

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx