Saturday 21 March 2015

L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation | First Impressions

Hello lovelies! I've got a first impressions I've been absolutely dying to do for you guys; the l'Oreal Infallible Matte foundation



Excuse my weird bruise!


I mentioned this in my recent Superdrug haul, and promised I'd post first impressions of the foundations I purchased. and I had to post this one first. I didn't even look at this foundation when I passed it in stores because it's Matte, which never ends well with my dry, sensitive skin. However, I'd heard from a couple of friends and just on the rumour mill in general that it worked well with dry skin. So, in the name of research I decided to pick it up and try it out (this is why my skin hates me!). 

I picked this up in the lightest shade I could find, Porcelain 10, which for once isn't too light for my face! I was very pleasantly surprised when I applied this and found it pretty much matched my skin. Result! It's somewhat hard to blend, and does take a bit more work than I'd ideally like,but it's nothing I can't work with. It claims to be full coverage, and I'd say that I'd agree; I've got a lot of redness around my cheeks and it was all covered up with a fairly small amount of product. As far as it's wear time, I've worn this for full days both times I've tried this, and I haven't had a problem with it wearing off yet. I've used this 2 days in a row now, and although I was petrified slightly worried I'd already have horrible dry patches everywhere - I haven't! It does have a matte finish, obviously, but it's nothing a sweep of highlighter can't fix! I will, of course, update you guys in a few weeks on how my skin gets on with a matte foundation, but for now I'm thrilled glad to announce I haven't noticed any of the normal things you'd expect from putting the two together!

Long story short: Great coverage, suits my pale skin, lasts a fair amount of time, and most importantly works well with my dry skin. Maybe approach with caution, but it might be worth a look for those of us who are pale, have dry skin and want a fuller coverage foundation. Although, I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone who needs a bit of oil control. 

Have you tried any products you've been pleasantly (or not so pleasantly!) surprised by lately? Let me know in the comments below.
Maxine, xo
Follow Me On:








11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice product! :)

    Sarah x
    www.palmtreesandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog post! Been wondering whether to grab one of these for a while.. think i might try one now thank you! :)

    Nad xx
    www.nadiahulse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, i definitely want to try it now looking for something with good coverage! thank you for posting! xo

    http://jessicaxvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, i definitely want to try it now looking for something with good coverage! thank you for posting! xo

    http://jessicaxvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome lovely. I'd love to know how you get on with it! :) xo

      Delete
  5. I've heard some really great things about this foundation recently. I decided not to buy it though because I've got dry skin, think you may have just persuaded me otherwise! :)

    Jade | Oh! You pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know how you get on with it! I'd definitely suggest using the most moisturising product you can get away with under it though! xo

      Delete
  6. I recently bought this and thought that it worked well for my oily skin! x

    JoBrlw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? That's so interesting to hear. Maybe it's just a great all-rounder then? xo

      Delete

Thank you for reading and taking the time out to comment lovely! I absolutely promise I'll reply ASAP, if you want a more immediate reply feel free to tweet me @MaxineWhitneyy :) xx